Commissioning your own painting is a very personal experience and can make a wonderful, “one of a kind” gift or family treasure that you’ll be involved in creating, every step of the way.
How do I go about commissioning a painting?
- Begin with a discussion of your desires & preferences in a custom painting with Val, by emailing her at , texting or calling her at 306.529.1946. After your discussion, if you wish to proceed, . . .
- email Val several photos of the image(s) you’d like her to paint. Val will then . . .
- create a pencil sketch(s) of the art piece you’d like commissioned. Once Val completes the sketch . . .
- she’ll email it to you to have a look. This process could go back and forth between you and Val a few times, until you’re completely happy with the sketch of the unique painting she’ll be creating for you. At that point . . .
- Val will provide you with several size and price options to choose from. Once you decide on the dimensions and price of your painting, you’ll sign an agreement with Val, outlining the terms of your commission, and you’ll be required to make a 50% non-refundable deposit when Val begins your painting. Then Val . . .
- begins the creative process by putting brush to canvas. If you’d like . . .
- she can provide you with pictures of the painting image at various stages of its creation. Once it’s been completed, Val will advise you and . . .
- make arrangements to have it delivered to you, at which time the remaining balance is due by e-transfer, credit card, certified cheque or wire transfer.
The best part of the commission process is receiving your one of a kind, museum quality painting, and hanging it on your wall!
Here are a few examples of Val’s commissioned paintings...